Tuesday 8 April 2008

Public Notice - Tracing Roots

Hello, my name is Mary Garvey, and I am going to be coming to Dingle in late May I hope. I would love to meet any relatives, no matter how distant. I am a descendant of Timothy Garvey of Ballyferriter, who left the area during or after the famine, with his brothers Dan, Pat and John. A sister, Mary, married John Fitzgerald and stayed behind. Some of you might recall that other descendents of Timothy Garvey returned here a few years ago. They would be my second cousins. It will just be a short trip, but I am sure it will be great. I hope to hear a lot of music, perhaps do a bit of family research (we have known almost nothing for so long), and meet some of the clan. I’ll try to bring some family trees, as well as those of other Dingle families who seemed to travel and work with my relatives. Hope to meet you soon. You can email me at maryogarvey@yahoo.com if you would like. M. Garvey

No comments: